Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So I Failed. It's fine.

Not school, guys! Don't worry, I have officially graduated from BYU and got a 4.0 Spring Term and a 4.0 Summer Term! (better late than neverrrr!) Holla!
I did fail, however, at updating this blog all summer. Sorry about that. I know how devastating it can be to check blogs with no updates (Haylee, Becca, Brit, Katie...)just saying. But, there's no judgment here cause I have not done well at all.
Turns out though, that things got a bit crazy this summer in Africa and my time was jammed pack. (jam packed?) When I wasn't working on research things or traveling I was working anxiously on my Public Health Internship final workbook project. THAT TOOK ME FOREVER AND WAS A LOT OF WORK AND I AM SO VERY HAPPY IT IS FINISHED! Thanks to Natalie it all got turned in as I emailed her all the finished product and she printed it here in America, bound it all, AND turned it in! What a rockstar. This is a perfect example of why we call her MamaNat. Thanks bff.
Well, where to start!?
i feel as if little snippets of info about our summer would work best. Don't want to overload you with info or anything CRAZY like that.
Back in April I walked for graduation. REALLY fun. I recommend it: college, graduating, and walking with the cap and gown..all of it is pretty great. :) Here a few pics to prove it all happened:
OK, first, i think a big SALAMAT, WEBELE, and AFOYO are in order for the many people that helped us enjoy our summer. THANKS!!
Logistically, it was tricky doing all the fun things this summer and we really appreciate everyone's patience and forgiveness and kindness and help so we could enjoy this summer. Mainly, Jared's parents, David and Gayleen, as well as his sibs. Thank you for letting us borrow cars, picking up our couch and moving it into our apt, letting us leave things at your house, picking us up from the airport, searching for HOURS for MY debit card, cc, and driver's license, and then helping us figure out money when those things were never found. (FOUND LAST WEEK AT OUR APT, IN OUR SCANNER!) Best family ever. So lucky I am apart of it.
Also, a big thanks to LINDZ for braving maggots at our door and making sure our apt didn't burn down. You the best, cuz.
Thanks to the Sigler fam for letting us hang with them in Vegas and to David for taking us to the airport at 4:30am!
Thanks to Natalie's Father in Law for driving the Audi back to Utah for us after we left on a jetplane to Africa.
There's many more of you of course, so just know we are grateful and couldn't have survived without you. For reals.
Okay.
So today, I will try and remember the happenings of the first little bit of our Summer.
1. We went to Lake Powell with Jared's Family for the Hill family reunion! It was pretty great because neither of us had ever been to our namesake. Sike. Not our namesake, but alas, we still had never been there. We had some fun times with the family for sure on the house boat. I don't really like water tons but I do really like life jackets. So I had a blast! We went out on the jet skies and explored and went really fast. (Not too fast Uncle Curtis...) We played some fun games and slept up top on the house boat. I would say for sure we would love to go back and we are so grateful it worked out that we were able to go!
Pictures to prove the fun in the sun:
That last picture is of Grandma and Grandpa Hill in the raft. His grandpa just celebrated his 90th bday, no big deal.
2. We then drove Jared's dad's Audi to Vegas from Lake Powell. It was a really fun drive, actually. Jared loved it.
3. Natalie and Colby got married in the Vegas Temple on June 22 just in time so we could be there before our Africa adventure! Meant the world to us that we were able to attend! Natalie truly looked perfect. So beautiful! Colbs looked great too of course. Love those two! It was great to be with Mags and Tyrell too and hang with the Sigler Fam. Natalie requested a pig be at their reception and it made Jared and me so happy! Just like the Philippines! Nat served her mission in Kiribati and has loved the 'island' culture for years now. Her reception was the PERFECT combination of island and classy. Seriously, so great!
4. Well on Monday morning at 4:30am Maggie's dad took Jared and me to the Las Vegas airport with all of our luggage to take off for Africa!
It was in the Las Vegas airport we realized I didn't have my driver's license, credit card, or debit card. ooops.
Alright, I'm exhausted. Until next time!
heart, Jrod and To-to

No comments:

Post a Comment