At the end of the month I flew to Chicago (just me) for an amazing baby shower at my sister's home. It was seriously perfect and wonderful. The food was all of my favorite things and the decor and theme were so creative and perfect. That Blonquist fam sure has some skillz. At this point we literally had nothing for our little babe, so I was blown away with all the many many many perfect items we received from dear friends and family. I felt very loved and taken care of. It was also so amazing that Katie and her family came for the baby shower weekend. My only regret about this trip is that Jared did not come with me. We were trying to save money but I STILL regret this because it was the most beautiful time to be in my home town and I couldn't (still can't ) get over how perfectly green and amazing everything was. The summer smell, FIRE FLIES, the fox river, bike trails, etc. It was my childhood come to life and Jared wasn't there. So, someday we will be in Chicago in the Spring time before it gets too hot or in the early Fall before it gets too cold. *sigh*
JUNE 2014:
LARGE and PREGNANT. Wierd sharp nerve pain. Being pregnant is so weird. Anyways, my friend from college, Dannielle got married
, I finished up working and worked crazy hours and got everything done, and then we were off to new adventures in San Jose, CA! Do you know the way to San Jose??. falalalalalalalalala.
Jared showed me around his home town, we stayed at his Aunt Jana's house until we found an apt, explored the Redwoods, checked out Powells Sweet Shoppe, and headed to San Diego for our friend's Kelley and Josh (from our mission) wedding! It was another great road trip there and on the way back we drove on the famous Highway 1 right along the ocean. Parts of it were so beautiful and part of it were SO SCARY. I am already slightly afraid of the ocean and I am afraid of cliffs/heights so when the road is NARROW and WINDY and up on a cliff with the ocean of death on one side....I was freaking out. Poor Jared. We stayed in some great little towns along the way though and saw a beautiful sunset on the most perfect beach in Carmel with dolphins and jumping right by the shore.
We moved into our apt on June 28th. Jared flew back to Utah for a few days to pack up the moving truck and clean our apt (best hubby) and then drove (for the second time) back to California in the moving truck with his dad. We moved into our little apartment in The Woods.
July 2014:
We had a relaxed July 4th. Actually, I remember not doing much of anything the month of July for a couple reasons. First, I was huge and pregnant. But mostly, we had NO MONEY. We had used all of our money and savings to move to California put a deposit/first months rent on our apartment and we had nothing left. We couldn't sign up for internet, were very grateful Jared's dad had stocked our fridge before he left (VERY), and I don't even think we had lamps yet for lighting. I laugh now, but that was THE worst. Jared starting working on July 7th, and we were anticipating a paycheck on the 15th as well as the "relocation allowance" from PWC, but it didn't come until August 1. I still don't understand how a company expects you to move and get settled for a month without a paycheck (especially in California--a place I have learned is crazy expensive)! Anyways, that month was stressful. Moving on to the exciting month of AUGUST!
Oh ya, and Jared had his 24th bday at the end of July. :)
August 2014:
BOSTON REED was born August 19th! The labor and delivery went pretty fast and we were all in good shape and healthy!
Some random memories of that whole crazy experience:
The above picture I SnapChatted to my friend Bianca around 4am August 18th because I woke up with severe heart burn and hungry. I thought this picture described my life well at that point in time. :)
My epidural did not work.
I had a horrible time sleeping and REALLY bad heart burn a couple weeks leading up to his birth. (UGH)
I had a feeling the day I went into labor that it was close so I got ready for the day (took a bath, did my hair, make up, made sure my hospital bag was packed) and sure enough, contractions started in the late afternoon.
Jared had wanted to check out some pianos to rent at a local piano store, so after I picked him up from work we went there. My contractions were 9 minutes apart. At this point I was pretty sure I was in labor...
We got home and Jared went to the gym, and I texted him and said we better get to the hospital.
Jared had fun driving fast on the freeway to the hospital! "This is what I always imagined it would be like!" (Contractions were about 5 minutes apart)
I'll spare you all the details of the delivery. It was PAINFUL. It was scary at times. It was PAINFUL. My doctor barely made it. It was PAINFUL. And then Boston Reed was born and he was AMAZING.
Nurses, doctors, friends ,etc kept telling me to sleep when the baby sleeps but I could not sleep for the first day or so after Boston was born. Just so many emotions! Especially excitement/pride/disbelief/amazement.
I remember getting home from the hospital and being SO HAPPY TO BE HOME. My mother in law was there as well so Jared and I walked in and pretty much went straight to NAP while she watched Boston. I think we slept for four hours.
It was really helpful to have Gaylene there with us for about a week and then both my parents came for a week or so. VERY needed. August was a whirlwind. Figuring out this new mom stuff is NO SMALL TASK. It is absolutely all consuming in every and any way possible and I have never prayed so much in my existence and that won't be settling down any time soon.
To be continued.....












YAY for updates and babies and jobs and all the things!!!! I love you and miss you so much! Beautiful pics and family!
ReplyDeleteYahoo!! finally a blog post. Loved it. love you and your family :) <3
ReplyDelete